Monday 11 April 2016

Goals

It seems I do better with goals in my Jiu-Jitsu training.

Didn't know what that could be after I returned from the south. There were regular classes, and stuff such as helping people during open mat. Nothing really big enough to be considered a project.

Then Tawha asked me if I would help her prepare for her BBS1 exam. That's a different kettle of fish, and I readily agreed. I've been involved with that for four different people, besides myself. Here was something to use as a goal.

Such a thing takes a minimum of ten solid hours of work on the mat outside of classtime, give or take five or ten hours. We met on Sunday morning, and got going with a two-hour session. We made it through 1/7 of the material, and not in any sort of polished form, but it was a healthy start.

The hard part will be finding the time. I have lots, but Tawha has both family, and work, to consider.

Then I chatted a bit online with Koko. She is away right now at University finishing off the winter semester. Turns out, she'll be home soon for about three weeks before returning to school for the summer. During her time here, we will get together like we did around Christmas. Back then she was doing her own BBS1 work, and I wanted to polish up some of higher, fancy techniques. We did both. This time she doesn't need BBS1, so it will all be the good stuff.

So that's going to be my goal for the short term; to help Tawha with her test prep' and execution, and to work on advanced material with Koko.

Then I'll be ready for something else. Rob wants to get going on the test, and I think Tobias does, too. Perhaps I'll help with that.

Cosme wants to get going on the higher, BBS2 exam, so maybe that is a possibility. It will be significantly more difficult. Around here only our instructor has done that one so far. If Cosme does start working on BBS2, of course I will help, and it will be a splendid time for me to do that one for myself as well.

Putting it all together, I might just be set until well into the summer.

And then something else will turn up.




No comments:

Post a Comment