Friday 9 May 2014

KneeBone

I don't heal very fast.

About two and a half months ago, my back decided to start twinging, and my right knee started to complain. Neither was a big problem as these things go, but they just didn't seem to be getting better.

Helen and I then went away to visit friends for about two weeks in a cute little town called Vernon. No Jiu-Jitsu for me. The result was that my back got all better, although there was no change in the knee.
 
Back for couple of weeks, and no change either way.
 
Then my knee decided to swell up and to get very stiff. No pain, but something was clearly wrong.
 
I didn't train last night, nor today, and won't tomorrow. I've been trying to keep it elevated and such, and the swelling is down.
 
This could be something real. A couple of months with a cranky knee, that decides to suddenly swell up.
 
Won't be rolling for a while. Next week I'll have to decide if I can train at all. I plan on being a baby about it.
 
After that, I will be having an enforced absence of two weeks off the mat. Lots of visiting friends and such, so I'll be walking a fair bit. Still, much less than my knee has to usually undergo.

I'm hoping for it to get better, but will be off to visit doctors if it isn't. If there is a real injury it will need to be attended to.



No comments:

Post a Comment